Monday, July 22, 2013

RTI AND PROGRESS MONITORING!

With the push of RTI, progress monitoring, data collection and not to mention the HUGE influx of paperwork piling up on my tabletops... I can't help but think there's an easier way!!!  I felt completely overwhelmed teaching the day to day curriculum and then creating small group intervention that didn't even align with our learning targets for the week! AND SO I BRING TO YOU... Timed Sight Word Fluency Reads! 

Using these timed fluency reads, students will be tracking their OWN progress as they become more efficient at recognizing and accurately reading their sight words on a day to day basis!!  I tell you what, I've found that putting the students in charge of tracking their progress makes all the difference in the world!



These products BOTH are created to align with the first grade Treasures Reading Program, but would be a great supplement to any core reading program as the sight words are taken from the Dolch List. 

How might you use them in YOUR class?
  1. Progress monitoring tool for the entire class
  2. RTI intervention work
  3. Data collection
  4. Or even as partner work during independent work stations
                   All that is needed is a 1 minute timer!!!
If I can help make just ONE teacher's life a bit simpler, I'm happy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment